Code of Ethics | Mission | Vision Statement | Core Values | Guiding Principles | Strategy
Code of Ethics
- Avoid the intent and appearance of unethical or compromising practice in relationships, actions and communications.
- Demonstrate loyalty to the employer by diligently following the lawful instructions of the employer, using reasonable care and granted authority.
- Avoid any personal business or professional activity that would create a conflict between personal interests and the interests of the employer.
- Avoid soliciting or accepting money, loans, credits or preferential discounts and the acceptance of gifts, entertainment,favors or services from present or potential suppliers that might influence, or appear to influence, supply management decisions.
- Handle confidential or proprietary information with due care and proper consideration of ethical and legal ramifications and governmental regulations.
- Promote positive supplier relationships through courtesy and impartiality.
- Avoid improper reciprocal agreements.
- Know and follow UM policies and procedures.
- Encourage support for socially diverse practices.
- Conduct supply management activities in accordance with UM policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain professional competence.
- Enhance the stature of the purchasing profession.
Our mission is to support and advance the University’s academic, research and health-care missions by providing superior financial and operational services, timely and accurate reporting and by enhancing and protecting the University’s assets. We are dedicated to excellence and committed to providing efficient, innovative and value added services.
Supply Chain Services, part of Finance and Treasury is a strategic and proactive provider of superior, state of the art services and information to all our constituents. We are a high performing team respected internally and externally for our excellence in business and finance.
- Diversity: Valuing and including people from all cultures and backgrounds in the pursuit of our common goals.
- Integrity: Demonstrating honesty and fairness in our words and actions.
- Responsibility: Exhibiting pride and accountability in the performance of duties and ensuring the long-term success of our University.
- Excellence: Striving to accomplish our goals with quality, rigor, passion, and distinction.
- Compassion: Behaving in a caring, humane, and empathic way.
- Creativity: Embracing innovation, flexibility, and originality in the pursuit of our vision and mission.
- Teamwork: Engaging and working well together to achieve optimal results.
Supply Chain Services conducts business and builds relationships based on the principles of honesty, fairness, professionalism and in compliance with the University of Miami Business Conduct and Ethical Standards policy. Supply Chain Services conducts business and builds relationships based on the principles of honesty, fairness, professionalism and in compliance with the University of Miami Business Conduct and Ethical Standards policy. Supply Chain Services also adheres to standards and code of ethics of the National Association of Educational Procurement, the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing and the Institute of Supply Management.
Reduce cost and maximize value without impacting level or quality of service. Consolidate spend through competitive contracts in order to develop University-Wide Contracts. Push repetitive, low dollar purchases directly to end users via UMeNET. Continually improve and enhance the procurement process through communication and knowledge sharing with stakeholders.